In this blog series, I'll draw a card at random and use its energy and ideas to cook up five brain-sizzling creativity prompts. You can use these to think about particular situation you are experiencing, or as writing prompts to get your creative juices flowing, or simply as food for thought to fill an idle moment. You can journal these prompts, or just mull them over in your mind, meditate on them, workshop them collaboratively, or blog them (if you're sharing them somewhere, let me know in the comments below! I'd love to see what you come up with). I'll be using the Aquarian Tarot for this draw, so my comments will refer specifically to its imagery, but feel free to draw from a different deck if you prefer! See the full Creativity Prompts series here.
Our card today? The Four of Rods.
The Four of Rods is all about celebrating your victories, taking a load off after a hard day, and taking time out to acknowledge how far you've come. Nice, right?
1. Coming home. It's a powerful statement, a potent image. An idea that can provoke both relief and fear, joy and boredom, excitement and anxiety. What does "coming home" mean to you?
2. The Four of Rods is always an invitation to celebrate. What do you have to celebrate today? What blessings can you count, however big or small? Feel some of that sweet, sweet gratitude for the good stuff in your life!
3. Now that you've defined your reasons to revel, it's time to partaaay! Design your ideal celebration - reality needn't be a factor! You can throw a swingin' bash a la Jay Gatsby, or bring your closest friend to walk on the moon, dine with your idols, living or dead, or simply savour a sleep in with the cat. How you do express your excitement, reward your efforts, and celebrate the good stuff in your life?
4. What if home were a person? How do the people in your life make you feel safe, comforted, and welcome? How do you fulfil this function for other people? Are you nostalgic for a time in the past when you were surrounded by family? Or are you enjoying the company of home, whatever or whoever that might be, right now?
5. The Four of Rods is often about the physical spaces we return to, so let's take that idea and finish with something fun. Describe your dream house! Where is it? What does it look like? How do you furnish it? Is it a house that already exists, or would you need to build it? Do you already live in it? When it comes to creating welcoming space, what is important to you?
Looking for more fuel for your fire? You can find the other posts in this creativity series here. As ever, if you're blogging or journaling this series, let me know where I can find you in the comments!