Keeping time-honored symbolism and imagery, but losing the medieval context, this the This Might Hurt Tarot Deck is designed to be both easy to read and highly relatable. Clothing and scenery are modernised, diversity is embraced, and queerness is lovingly acknowledged.
This Might Hurt Tarot features:
- 22 Major and 56 Minor Arcana cards
- Cards measuring 4.75″x 2.75″, printed on high-quality 350 gsm matte art paper
- Choice of holographic pearl or holographic black edges (to add just a little magic!)
- Solid cardboard box with gold foil and magnetic closure
- Guidebook with introduction, card descriptions, and full page black and white image of each card
About the artists:
Isabella Rotman, Creator
Isabella is a cartoonist, illustrator, and self publisher from Maine living and drawing in Chicago. She started drawing this tarot deck because she was learning how to read tarot cards for herself, and she learns by drawing. What started as a casual project where she would draw cards to learn their symbolism quickly turned into a full 78 -card deck that she has been obsessively and joyfully drawing for over two years. You can see Isabella’s other work at IsabellaRotman.com.
Addison Duke, Colorist
Addison is a Chicago-based colorist/illustrator for Dynamite and Image Comics. Addison’s current works include Charlie’s Angels/Bionic Woman, Barbarella/Dejah Thoris, and Curse Words. Follow Addison on Twitter at @AddisonDuke.